Here at Day Designer, we love lists. Raise your hand if you do too!
You’ll be happy to know that scientifically—from a neurological perspective—our brains LOVE lists. Here’s why! Lists help us…
• Categorize and make sense of information
• Process information more efficiently
• Process information spatially—making it easier to understand and recall
• Get organized
• Create a sense of order versus overwhelm or chaos
• Remember things
• Reduce stress and increase focus
• Keep track of what we’ve accomplished and what we still need to do!
• Avoid procrastination
• Tackle goals and projects one step at a time
• Live a well-designed life!
In all of these ways, lists make our lives easier—especially when used with intention. We are simply more likely to remember, process, and get things done.
You can create lists that are effective for record keeping, goal setting, daily to-do’s, habit tracking, reflection—and everything in between, right? You can even have a bit of fun with them!
If you’re into list-making as much as we are, then you’re going to love this ultimate list of lists…
We have a few ways you can refer back to this list as you get your planning (and journaling!) groove on:
P.S. Select styles from the Day Designer Midyear Planner Collection are selling out quickly. Get your favorite before it’s gone!