Happy National Gratitude Month! With gratitude being one of the pillars that Day Designer was built around, we love knowing that there is now an entire month designated to help spread the word about gratitude’s amazing powers!
To kick off the month of November here within the Day Designer community, we shared The Benefits of Gratitude: How to Boost Your Health and Happiness. In the comments of that blog post, we loved hearing from many of you about how important this practice is in your lives!
We believe that gratitude should be cultivated every day – so much so that we include a prompt for your Daily Gratitude on our signature daily planning page within our Flagship Daily Planners.
When it comes to feeling grateful for what we have, some of us have been honing our practice for many years, aiming to fill in the gratitude box of our Day Designer every single day or keeping a gratitude journal – while others are just getting started.
According to international speaker Cory Muscara on the topics of mindfulness and positive psychology, “Keeping a gratitude journal is one of the best researched positive interventions in the science of happiness and well-being. It’s been shown to increase positive emotion, your sense of connection with other people, and it actually increases your motivation to pursue your goals.”
Whether you’re new to shifting your focus to what you’re grateful for or you’re looking to take a deeper dive into your practice, here are our favorite questions to spark gratitude in your everyday life!
- What are you most grateful for today?
- What personal value makes you a better person?
- Who are you grateful for in your life?
- What are you thankful for about this season?
- What was one of the highlights of your day?
- What challenge or obstacle in life are you most grateful for experiencing?
- What in nature do you enjoy most?
- What made you smile today?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What is a luxury you are thankful for?
- What is going well in your life right now?
- What is the happiest memory of your childhood?
- What makes you feel most alive?
- Who is a teacher, role model, or mentor that you are grateful for?
- What skill are you grateful for?
- What did you enjoy doing today?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- What positive thing happened lately as a result of focusing on your priorities?
- What is something about your job that you’re grateful for?
- What simple thing made today a better day?
- When do you feel your happiest?
- What positive change has happened in the past year?
- What gift are you most grateful for?
- What is something about your body or health that you’re grateful for?
- What activities do you most enjoy doing?
- How can you inject gratitude into a current challenge?
- What makes you special?
- What goal are you thankful to be able to focus on at this time?
- What experience this month are you most grateful for?
- What are you excited for in the future?
Journaling or even just thinking about your answers to these gratitude-sparking questions can lead to a deeper connection with yourself, the world around you, your loved ones – and even total strangers who you may have crossed paths with today.
Today, we invite you to choose a question from the list above and share your answer with our community below! We can’t wait to hear from you.